My tips on finding a bargain:
- Be prepared to dig! The racks are choc-full of clothes and sometimes the best pieces are hidden under another skirt or caught on a different coat-hanger. Sort through each individual item so you don't miss out on that one treasure.
- Size doesn't matter! Just because the tag says 16 doesn't mean it won't look good as an over-sized top/dress or with a belt. Remember sizes have changed over the years so something that is a higher size than you would normally wear could very well be your perfect fit. If you love something then try it on and see if it works.
- Alter to perfect! If a dress is too long or a top is a little bit off there is such thing as a sewing machine. You can cut and hem anything to make it more modern and alter sleeves similarly.
- Don't be afraid to haggle! Sometimes that perfect skirt might have a slight stain so ask if there is a better price that can be done or ask if you can get two items at a reduced cost.
- Have fun and happy hunting! Take it the environment and all the different clothes, if something looks ridiculous on the rack, try it on and have a laugh. We all know that there are vintage pieces that should stay in the past.
What I picked up from the fair:
Wool and suede vest $20
Love the style of this top.
Gorgeous summer dress with a tied bow back $40.
Vintage short sleeved blouse $5
Vintage print top $5
Love the print on this top. It's oversized and looks great with skinny jeans or a high waisted skirt.